Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'll take the truth at any cost

18.5% raised: 90 days until I leave!

I am really excited about reading through the New Testament with a group at Third Format. It has been awhile since I have read the entire thing and I think it will be beneficial to have it fresh in my mind when I go to Spain. I love having people to discuss and interact with, I think it challenges me to read the scriptures in a new and different way.



My small group is also reading the book "Captivating" By John & Staci Eldredge. If you have never read this book, I HIGHLY recommend it. (man or woman) The last time I read this book, I was in a relationship (that I later realized was unhealthy and unfulfilling), but now being single I have different perspectives on the book. I think it is important for women to realize how valued and adored we are by God and how the world has damaged our perspective because of the shortcomings of our fathers/boyfriends/husbands. I also think men should read this book to gain some insight on women and the way that our souls work.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I am doing the reading plan as well. :)
And I have yet to read Captivating. I've read Wild at Heart, but haven't gotten to that one yet.
Viva la Espana!