Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My heart beating out of my chest

21% raised: 85 days until I leave!!

I am SO very close to being able to purchase my plane tickets. Like tantalizingly close. It is torture waiting. It now looks like I will be back in May instead of June next year. Kristine and I are not going to be able to do our European Escapades. That is a little sad, but it will be for the best. Just less time you all have to miss me :)

I just love it when God answers prayer. Even when it comes out of unusual places or is not how/when I expect it to be. (You would think I would have learned by now!!) I have been praying for a couple of areas of my personal life for months now - trying to be patient, asking God to please let me know if I am doing the right thing, give me peace about the situation and take away my desire if it is not what He has planned. This past weekend was an amazing, difficult, whirlwind of emotions, but I came out of it feeling refreshed, excited and ready for what God is bringing in the next few months. I am sleeping less than ever, but I feel sustained. I am daily uncertain about what this Spain adventure is going to bring, but the stress is receding as I know He will take care of it all. I am feeling encouraged and challenged by my Christian friends - I love love love reading all of your blogs and seeing what God is working on your heart. I really love reading the discussion postings about the NT readings.

This probably just sounds like me gushing emotions, but I really am so happy and just... chill about everything. My soul feels at rest for the first time in a very long time.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

God is pretty amazing, isn't He? :)

Andrea Sipe said...

:) So glad to know what's going on!! :) I have been praying for you . . . and hoping/waiting for God to give us some extra that we can pass your way for your trip . . . Love you, sister, and can't wait to see what AMAZING things God has planned for your life!!