Saturday, October 4, 2008

You bring me life, You bring me hope, You're all I need

18% raised: 88 days until I leave!

Car wash today- Val Vista and Guadalupe. I love my small group more than words can say sometimes. The fact that these girls (and a couple of awesome guy friends) are giving up a Saturday and sweating it out to help me with my goals... it is just amazing. Most have them have been in my life for such a short time and I already know I will miss them SO much when I leave. I think this is part of what has been missing for me the past couple of years. A group of people my age to go through life with (this must be why they are always saying that you NEED to be in a small group!)

In my NT reading yesterday, I was really challenged by Matt 6:27-34
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is life not more important than food and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single day to his life?
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, oh you of little faith?So do not worry, saying what shall we eat? or what shall we drink? or what shall we wear? For the pagans run after all these things and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."


How much time do I spend every day worrying? Especially recently. What a waste of time. I could be spending that time in so many more productive ways. I could be working on my music, focusing on school, spending time with my family.. enjoying life the way God wants me to have it. Instead I am freaking myself out and having panic attacks about things that are not even in my control. I know that God is going to take care of the finances and preparations for this trip, because that is where He has called me to be. I need to focus on my heart.

No comments: