Tuesday, October 21, 2008

more than words

27% raised: 71 days

I am amazed, loved, overwhelmed and just floored right now. This past year God has really been teaching me to ask for help instead of trying to do things on my own. And He constantly surprises me with how He decides to show up when I do. I am at a loss for words. I am feeling so many things that are going to burst out of me. The people at Starbucks probably think I am a nutcase because I am crying while typing.

I will be able to purchase my plane tickets to Spain this week, go to LA next monday to get my Visa application in and move forward with raising the rest of my budget. The next 2 1/2 months are going to be hard, but this past week has only reinforced my faith that I am doing the right thing and the God does want me to be in Spain next semester. I know that this is what the immediate future holds for me and I am trusting Him to take care of the rest.

I don't even know how to begin to thank you all. Words are not enough, but they are all I have. So I will tell you repeatedly and wholeheartedly, Thank you. Thank you for your unfailing support and encouragement. Thank you for believing, even when I could not. Thank you to those of you who are supporting me financially. Thank you for the continued prayers for the ministry of En Vivo and the students in Spain. In so many ways, you all are just as much a part of this as I am.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Ah, see isn't God amazing? I'm sorry I haven't been able to financially support you. But I have been praying, you know my heart is in the mission field and I see this as a great opportunity for you!
Hooray for purchasing plane tickets.

Romi said...

Woohooo!! God is good and faithful!! : ) I'm so excited for you, Cassie!!

Anonymous said...

I am still trying to find a way to make our European escapades a reality! You never know what can happen in those 5ish months you're gone :) God just may answer that prayer I put in your journal last night!!!! Complete with a side of pancakes for you.

xoxo