Tuesday, November 4, 2008

can you hear us?


29%: 57 days

I don't often express my political views. Sometimes this is because I dont feel like I know enough about a certain person/issue, but more than often it is because I am tired of arguing because I may not always feel or vote the way a Christian "should". I hate that some people vote only with a certain party or for people who share the same view on certain issues (especially abortion...) You don't have to be a staunchly conservative Republican to love Jesus. Just because someone does not believe in abortion does not mean they are the best choice for the country. I'm not saying either side is right all of the time- I am just tired of this. It is important to consider the issues, but do not base your decision solely on abortion and gay marriage.

I think what is important to realize is that no matter who our next president is... God is still God. He is still bigger than all of it. He will use it for His purpose and we will all be ok. It may not be in the way we expect or want (it so hardly ever is), But He is still in control of our country and ultimately our lives. He uses imperfect people every single day.

I hope you all took the time to pray for our country and go out and vote today. You don't have a right to complain if you gave up your right to have a part in the decision making process :) Your vote is your voice.

No comments: