Monday, November 24, 2008

loving you is easy

43% raised: 37 DAYS LEFT!!

After my spain team devo today and my emotional roller coaster of a weekend, I have just really been touched by the amazing support I have in my life. My devo was about community. (the verses were 1 corinth 12:14-26, Acts 2:42-47 if you care to read with me today)

I have been surrounded by an amazing community this past year, becoming reinvolved at Central and 3F and being with the best small group ever. I was really wary of 3F, having been hurt by the people who were in the previous college and young adult groups at central. I was truly afraid of people my age and of being hurt again. I took a chance on going to Spain with people I didnt know (or hardly knew at all)After the Spain trip this spring, I decided to give it a second chance and I have just been so blessed. I guess God knows what He is doing sometimes :) The relationships I have built have restored my faith in other people and brought me to a healthy place with myself and with God. I have loved being in the band again and having all of these great Christian guys around. They constantly make me laugh and challenge me musically.

My small group girls have just been the greatest addition to my life this year. It is like having this great, supportive extended family. Halley and Brittany have been with me every step of the way since we came home from Spain. They are the first ones I come to when I am struggling or when something exciting happens. The other girls have all become amazing friends over the past few months. I have known some of them for years, and others I just met this summer, but they are now an irreplacable part of my life. Truthfully, I was worried that we would not be able to bond or form lasting relationships when this group started. I really thought that everyone would flake out and I would be alone, as usual. But we have had some crazy awesome times. I know that they are there for me in hard times, or when things are great. They have helped me prepare to leave for Spain and everything that has meant for me. (Tara- we all can't wait for you to come home and be a part of it!)

Kristine- you are my support and my laughter. I am so glad that we got thrown together with these crazy jh girls. You are in my everyday life, and I know that it will be hard when I am gone... but God will find a way to strengthen us through it. I can't imagine my life without you and I'm not really sure how I made it that long before I met you. <3 you!

I love you all and I will miss you while I am gone. I can't wait to see where God takes us and our relationships. Even as we are thousands of miles apart, we are together with one God and one purpose. We have a worldwide community. Thank you for what you have meant in my life this year, and for where you have helped me grow.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

This was a fantastic post. :)

Tara K said...

Aww yay I can't wait to come back and be a part of the small group.. you girls are amazing. See you sooN!

Tamale Trio said...

:)