Friday, August 29, 2008

Say what you're thinking right now

11.7% raised for Spain: 127 days until departure!

I live my life with an almost constant need for approval from others and a fear of rejection. No one ever believes that I am shy, but I am! I constantly worry about what other people think of me. I would rather remain quiet and not show people the real me, than open up and have them not like who I am. I am afraid though that I am going to miss out on some pretty awesome things and people because of this fear.  I feel like I have a lot of plans for my future with school and my eventual career, but my relationships suffer. I want to be brave enough to tell people how I feel. I want to have the courage to open up, I just don't want to be hurt again. 

On a completely unrelated note: I love these amazing storms that God is providing!  

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Oh I am so loving this rain as well! It's been fantastic!
I sometimes don't let the real me show either. I've been told I'm an extrovert, but I've also been told I'm such an introvert. Cassie, the only person you need approval from is God, nobody else. I try to remember that.
Have a great weekend!

Andrea Sipe said...

On top of what Brandy said - I would imagine that you will discover (as I did) that people will like you more than not, if you just be you . . . I was amazed when I discovered that people liked me more as the obnoxious original that God made me to be, than they did when I tried to pretend like someone else, or tried to just hide all-together. :) And then, eventually, you'll like being able to just be you SO MUCH that you won't CARE (or at least TOO much) if others don't like you!! :)