Tuesday, August 19, 2008

As surely as the sun will rise, You'll come to us

6.7% raised for Spain!! (prayers are needed please!!)

Hosea 6:3- "Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge Him. As surely as the sun rises, He will appear; He will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth"

I am starting to get a little bit nervous about Spain. There is a lot to do, and I really don't know where God is going to give me the time or the resources. Everything has to be done in a specific order... have to have the plane tickets and school acceptance before the student visa, have to apply for the Visa after Sept 4th, but before Nov 4th, need to figure out what classes I am taking there and what I need to do through MCC while I am gone. That is just the beginning of the list. If I think about it for too long, it makes me physically sick to my stomach.

I think this is God's way of reminding me that there is no way I could do this without Him. There is no way I could fundraise/save over $8000 without Him. At no other time in my life would I be ready to pick up and move to a foreign country for 6 months. In no other place would I be surrounded by such amazing, faithful people who are willing to pray for me and for a ministry half a world away, for people they will never meet. His timing and plans for me are perfectly laid out. He knows where my story is going and how I am going to get there. I just need to remember to allow Him the control, and to willingly go where He shows me. In ways that I am sure will shock and amaze me, He will bring solutions and answers.

One of my favorite songs right now is Hillsong United's"You'll Come" (from the I Heart Revolution CD). The lyrics just give me reassurance that God will show up when we need Him, as surely as the sun comes up everyday.

I have decided, I have resolved
To wait upon you Lord
My rock and redeemer shall not be moved
I'll wait upon you Lord


As surely as the sun will rise, You'll come to us
As certain as the dawn appears

You'll come let your glory fall, As you respond to us
Spirit reign, flood into our thirsty hearts again

We are not shaken we are not moved
We wait upon you Lord
Our Mighty deliverer, my triumph and truth
I'll wait upon you Lord

Chains be broken, Lives be healed
Eyes be opened, Christ is revealed

2 comments:

Andrea Sipe said...

Thanks for the reminder, Cassie!! Even I, though I am not going through anything like you are, need to be reminded to wait for Him. I tell myself I can wait (I even tell myself I will wait until I'm 80), but when I check my attitude, my thoughts and my prayers, I realize that I'm not REALLY waiting on God, trusting Him to take care of things in His perfect timing. I honestly sometimes wonder why God gave me emotions when they are often times COMPLETELY OPPOSITE of what He seems to be saying . . . even "wait" hurts, you know?? I would almost rather hear "no" so that maybe (just maybe) I can move on . . . wait is so hard. But it is so worth it!! Thanks for the encouragement!!

Brandy said...

Ooohhh...that was a good post and I love that song from Hillsong! So, when is your money due for Spain? Could you let me know? Oh and I came over to the dark side, well not really the dark side. But I started a bloggity blog here on blogspot. I am keeping Xanga, but copying everything over here. There are so many people who have a blog here.
www.hebrews133.blogspot.com
:D