Monday, December 8, 2008

rid me of myself

44% raised/pledged: 23 DAYS LEFT!!!!

Last night was an interesting emotional experience for me. It was possibly my last time singing at 3F until I get back from Spain. I am going to miss 3F and the band guys so much. This weekend I led the song "Lead me to the Cross" and it really got to me. Saturday night at Mesa is always harder for me (just an energy level thing) and I had been sick this week. My prayer that night was just to get through it, and having it be a blessing to God. Sunday at Gilbert is always a different experience. Before service I was really worried about my voice giving out on me, I didn't sing a lot during practice and I was drinking a ton of tea and water. Right before the song was to start, I prayed this simple prayer "God- let this just be about you and me. I don't care if everything goes completely wrong, nothing else matters" I don't know how to explain it, words are never enough, but the words to the song meant more. They were straight from my heart to God's ears. He gave me a peace in my soul and wrapped me in His love. When I opened my eyes at the end of the song, I was actually a little disoriented with where I was.

This is all going to be ok. I have hope in Him and I am not giving up yet. Spain is going to happen if that is what He wants, and if it's not then He will find a way to heal my broken heart.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

You did an amazing job Sunday night. I was quite proud. :) I had never heard you sing solo.
God is faithful, always remember that!

Richard said...

Yeah, by the way, you sang amazing! Did I tell you that?