Friday, December 19, 2008

I don't see what anyone can see in anyone else but you

58% raised/pledged : TWELVE DAYS!!!!

Tonight was very simply - AMAZING.

Thank you to all of those who came and gave, even through the cold. I'm sure you could have been doing so many other things tonight and you will never know what it meant to me. Thanks to Cory and Eileen for the use of their yard!

Thank you to those of you who could not come, but sent me prayers and thoughts and happiness today. They were felt!

Thank you to Kristen, Halley, Ashley, Brittany, Bethany, Michelle and Holly for helping out with snacks, beverages, decorations and generally keeping me from going crazy.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Dan, Tara and Richard. Thank you for your time and for sharing your gifts. Most of you will never know how much of a blessing these 3 were to me for the past couple weeks. They gave unselfishly and I am lucky to have them as friends. (and thanks for putting up with my crying at totally inappropriate times)

Most importantly - Thank you God. Thank you for these amazing friends, for the opportunity to do this fundraiser and for moving in people. Thank you for the opportunity I even have to go on this trip and for providing a way for me to get there. I know you have a plan for where the rest of the money is going to come from. I trust you to get it to me when it is time!

These last few days at home are crazy and busy, but I would really like to have time to say goodbye to everyone. Please let me know when you are available!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I'm sorry I missed the concert! I had way too much going on last night.
I'm glad it turned out great!

Romi said...

HOW AWESOME, Cassie!!! You don't know how badly I wanted to be there, but I was totally there with you all in prayer!! I'm so blown away with you by the beauty of sooo many people's hearts and selflessness. What happened last evening is exactly what Jesus calls us to be everyday to one another. I bet it made His heart smile wide! : D

And I still think we all should start a "Support Cassie in Spain" t-shirt campaign!

Also, just as a thought, it might be helpful to put somewhere on your blog for those people that may still want to donate toward your trip where and how they can do that (especially once you're in Spain.) Plus it would be great to have a little blurb about EnVivo and what you'll be doing while there and of course the best way to stay in touch and maybe even an address for people to send you care packages.
Just some thoughts, not like you're crazy busy trying to get ready to leave the country! ; ) Praying for you and for poo poo head satan to stay away and not mess with you!!
xoxoxo

Richard said...

You are welcome, and you are a pretty amazing/uber-talented friend to have :). And your blog is freakin awesome... I started reading back :-P. You put the C.S. Lewis quote... you are awesome in my book! That quote is perhaps my single favorite quote of all time.