Tuesday, December 23, 2008

my heart is laying open

61.5% raised/pledged: EIGHT DAYS!

Well... just a few more short days until I leave for Spain! At Romi's suggestion (thanks!) I am going to leave my contact info, some info about En Vivo and ways to sponsor me, if you so choose.

While I am in Spain, the easiest ways to get a hold of me will probably be email at casscass152@yahoo.com, facebook or skype (once I remember to go download it onto my laptop). My US cell will be shut off starting on Jan 2nd, but that will be the same number I will have when I get home- so don't delete me! If you want to send me letters, the address for En Vivo is
Calle Placentinos 3, bajo
Salamanca Spain 37008

En Vivo is the ministry that I will be working at. You can see their websites at www.globalscopespain.org or http://www.en-vivo.org/en_Vivo.html (in spanish!). Jesse and Sophie Bentley run the campus house there with the help of a full time staff and the interns and exchange students. They do several events and activities every week to bring in college students and build relationships. I'm sure I will be posting a lot about these as they occur and I get more involved.

As far as sponsoring me, I will be counting on my family to deposit any funds that are given while I am out of the country. If you have pledged to sponsor me on a monthly basis, would like to, or would like to give a one time gift, you can send a check in my name to my home address and my family will do a bank deposit for me to access. If you need to give a tax deductible gift, please email me for details.

Now that my plane tickets are all paid for, and tuition is paid- the majority of my budget left to raise is my monthly expenses. Housing, food, transportation, personal expenses, ministry activities, just to name a few. Fortunately for me, I don't need to have the full amount for these raised the day I leave (can you imagine how much more I would be stressing!) I just need some faithful supporters. I will not be able to work (for pay) while I am in Spain, so it is even more important to have people who are committed to praying for and supporting me.

Thank you again to all of you who have supported me so far. This would truly be impossible without you and without our awesome God. I am actually amazed at how calm I am at this point. I am kinda waiting for the freak out to happen....

PS- My one extravagant thing I did for myself this Christmas, was actually also helpful! I bought a pair of TOMS to take to Spain with me.. this is a great organization if you have never heard of them, check it out! In the words of Tara "It's like 2 for 1, but you only get to keep 1!" http://www.TOMSshoes.com/

1 comment:

Tara K said...

Thanks for the info!! hahaha and thanks for quoting me :) I found out today that one of my Christmas presents is TOMS shoes... lol apparently I guessed, but I didn't mean to