Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I wonder sometimes about the outcome

74% raised: a few hours left!

The past few days have been surreal. I can't believe that this day is finally here. I have been preparing and waiting for so long that it doesn't feel like this could be possible. I think it is kinda funny that I am leaving on New Years Day, starting a new year with a new mission, a new outlook. This past year has been crazy, and in the spirit of my friends.. I too will cover the highlights of my year.

Spain (round one): In case you haven't figured it out by now, I really have felt drawn to the ministry of En Vivo and the people in Spain, but some of you may not know why. Spain changed my life in two major ways. 1- I started friendships there that I feel like God is not done working through and I need to continue them with more than just an email or facebook message. I need to be there. I need to show them how He has changed and blessed me. 2- Most of the people I went to Spain with have become an irreplacable part of my life. They are some of my best friends and I know that I would do anything for them, and that they would (and have) done anything for me. Halley, Brittany, Dan and Jared - you are an incredible blessing to me on an almost daily basis. Thank you for everything that are.

Third Format: I know that I just wrote about this not too long ago, so I won't go crazy, but 3F has been such an amazing thing for me this year. I can't imagine why I waited so long to be involved. Probably just being stubborn. I love being involved with 3F, I love it.

Small Group: Girls, I know I wrote about you not too long ago, but you have all proved the last couple of weeks that you deserve it all again. You have been awesome at putting up with my crazy and coming out every night to say goodbye. I will miss you all so deeply. Amy, Ashley, Ali, Brittany, Bethany, Holly, Halley, Karin, Michelle, Meagan, and Tara- I just love you girls. There are not enough words.

Family: oh my gosh... I love my little sister SOO much! She is beautiful and amazing :) She is not only a highlight of this year, but a highlight of every year. K-wo, you are quite simply one of the best parts of my life. My parents are just incredible. Even when we fight and I make them crazy I'm sure... they still love me and support me. They are just too good to me sometimes.

As my finale for 2008, I am leaving my one resolution for 2009: to be more open and sharing with my heart.



The Way I See It #141 "I used to feel so alone in the city. All those gazillions of people and then me, on the outside. Because how do you meet a new person? I was very stumped by this for many years. And then I realized, you just say 'hi.' They may ignore you. Or you may marry them. And that possibility is worth that one word." - Augusten Burroughs

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Buena suerte en Espana!