Monday, February 23, 2009

There's always something in the way

all of the girls, Krin and his friend Dave went to Ciudad Rodrigo on Sunday for Carnaval. I stayed home by myself. It was actually well deserved quiet time and really restful, but they just got home and are talking about their trip and I am feeling left out. Hopefully this will stop soon. In general it is getting better, I promise. They are better about including me and remembering to tell me that I matter (oh that "encouraging words" love language). I just need to find the words to tell them that they make me feel this way sometimes.

Anyway. I spent the day with just me and God. I slept in a little and did some housework while listening to worship music. Man I miss 3F music. Then I left and went to the Plaza Colon (Columbus) which is right by our house. I sat there for a bit and read my bible and journaled. Then I set off to explore the city of Salamanca by myself. I was only "lost" once for about 30 minutes. It is hard to be truly lost in this city- you can almost always see the cathedrals and if you just start heading towards them, you find your way back. After four hours of wandering, I ended up back at home. So I listened to Jeremy's sermon from last weekend (thank you again God for 3F podcasts), ate lunch and took a shower. Right as I was finished and getting ready to lay down and listen to music, everyone came home. I was glad to see them, because I missed having them around, but I sorta wish I had been able to have a few more hours to myself.

I think this is weird, but I feel like my soul is more restful and that I learned more from NOT going to church this weekend than if I had gone. I know this is probably horrible of me, but I really hate going to church here. I would choose not to if I could. We are pretty much required to go, this weekend was an exception. I think its because I don't understand most of what is going on and no one outside of the En Vivo group ever talks to us... well except for the ladies at the door who ask us EVERY WEEK if we are new. Same ladies every week. Not that big of a church. Kinda frustrating. I wonder if I am just spoiled from so many years at Central. I am so used to feeling welcome and like church is my second home... to go from Central to this is rough. Can't you just bring 3F to Spain for a couple weeks?

3 comments:

Brandy said...

We sung "Inside Out" on Sunday at 3F. I was singing in Spanish and you were on my heart. :D
I continue to pray for you. Sending you some sunshine and AZ love soon. :)

Richard said...

Tara posted some songs on Facebook from the past few weeks, most of which i lead but one is led by Jared :). If you need a 3F music fix, that would be the place to get it! There are some sweet Dan shots.

Praying for you!

Richard said...

by the way, i love the old switchfoot song that the title came from.