Saturday, January 24, 2009

por eso te amo

Just a Reminder: If you have pledged to sponsor me monthly, please don't forget to get your checks to my family so they can deposit them! I am still only at about 80% of my total budget for the semester. If you have any questions, please email me at casscass152@yahoo.com



Pancake Dinner went really well. We had a lot of new people come, as well as a few older regulars. I really connected with two students who live in Salamanca named Marta and Nacho. They are music students (yay!) at the university so we talked for a while about that. Hopefully they will continue to come to events. Most of the people seemed genuinely interested so that was pretty cool. I will also be starting some intercambios soon, which are when I meet with another student for coffee or lunch and we speak in English for half an hour and Spanish for half an hour. I'm a little nervous about this, but I think it will be really helpful.

I am now almost a quarter of the way done with school here! My teacher is really awesome and patient with all of us (and he loves Koral and I, so you know he's smart). Finals are in March right before we leave for retreat. That will be a nice end of school treat. I also started my online class back at home this week, but haven't had anything to do for it yet. Its a music theory class, which might be difficult to do online, but Lauren, one of the staff here, was a music major (woohoo!) so she offered help if I need it.

We spent a couple days spring cleaning the campus house. It is looking awesome now! Lots of touch up painting, scrubbing floors and repainting the calendar wall. We also had some major work done on the bathroom and got a new stove! I will try to get some pictures of the house on facebook soon.

Eating here has been kinda interesting. Right now our fridge in our apartment is not really that cold... more like a slight chill. So good for juice and bread, not so good for yogurt, sauces, meat, cheese... and our freezer is downright warm. Not good. We called the duena and hopefully this will get fixed this week. Right now my yogurt is sitting in a crate out on the porch because it is colder out there than in our fridge. I feel like the pioneers. I just went grocery shopping but could only get things that don't need refrigeration. I am really tired of pasta and had a hard time buying soup because I don't know what some of labels say. I also really miss mexican food. I want some Matta's when I get home. Also my bedframe is coming on Monday! No more mattress on the floor!

No comments: