Monday, January 12, 2009

Living in Europe is weird. I feel really detached from my emotions here and not really sure how to deal. Its weird that I left less than 2 weeks ago. In some ways it feels like I just got here, and in others I feel like I have been gone forever. I told someone before I got back to Spain that I felt like part of my heart was still in Salamanca and I needed to go finish my job here. Now I feel like I have that part back, but I left big parts of it behind in AZ too.

Having an interesting time living with 3 other girls. Its a very small apartment and Mer and I are sharing a room. I still don't have a bedframe (hopefully this will be fixed this week). 4 girls with 1 shower is a crazy arrangement. I love my team so much, but its not the same as having the people around who have known me for longer and just understand me. Koral and I are developing a sort of telepathy with eachother, which is cool and I think Meredith and I are going to be really close. Got to go... exchange student dinner in a bit, and I have to finish cooking.

Thank you to all of you who have been emailing/facebooking/etc, it really means a lot to me and I appreciate it so much. You all always know exactly when I need some love.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Sounds like you're experiencing culture shock, except from your own country. It will take you awhile to get adjusted to the way of life in Espana.

Guin said...

Just know that I am praying for you every day, and I hope you are having a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

I love you!!!!