Monday, July 19, 2010

there is a purpose for those who wait

Well I officially changed my "concentration of study" today. For the 7th time.

I am now going to be working towards a certificate in Small Business Admin & Management. This will allow me to be done with MCC this May! This is such a relief after 7 years of school (8 or 9 by the time I am done done) After that, plans are a little unsure. I am looking into a couple of culinary programs just for some more experience. All this to work toward the eventual opening of a bakery/coffee shop with my sister (like the girls on DC Cupcakes on TLC, but less drama and more awesome)

This decision has allowed me to feel like a weight has been lifted. I have really been struggling with feeling like I was working toward an unachievable goal and that there was no purpose there. Now that my goals are more short-term and feel more attainable, I can relax a little bit and enjoy the journey more. Plus this means I am taking 13-15 credits this semester instead of 24 - always a plus. More time for baking!

No comments: