Sunday, June 27, 2010

So in addition to my obsession with cupcakes, I have developed two more time-sucking habits: reading cookbooks and reading baking/cupcake blogs. It truly is amazing how much time I will spend doing these! You will note that my "What I Read" section now contains at least 5 baking blogs and expect to see more there soon. I am most inspired by "How To Eat a Cupcake" - another girl named Cassie with a dream to open a bakery (maybe its something in the name? Do all Cassies love to bake?)

A few things I have discovered about myself through this:
- I have no interest in pies. Don't get me wrong, I love to eat a well made pie (mmm pumpkin...) and I love love love cheesecake, which is pie-ish, but I have no desire to make them. I skip over those recipes and scroll right past those entries. Maybe I will just leave that to my parents, My mom makes awesome pumpkin pie and my dad- amazing peppermint cheesecake.

- I don't really love chocolate baked goods. Unless they are mixed with another flavor. HTEAC has a recipe for Neopolitan Cupcakes that looks interesting and I have found a few others, but I find plain chocolate cupcakes to be boring. However, I am never bored by vanilla or butter cakes. Weird. One of my new goals is to find a chocolate cupcake recipe (or make one) that I love.

I will be making some cupcakes today or tomorrow for a dinner tomorrow night. Sometime in there I have to finish paperwork for fall semester, do homework for bible study and get my room in order.

1 comment:

Tara K said...

Cool blog post! I had done a little research looking for travel blogs to follow, but have not yet succeeded in finding good ones. So I'm with ya on the obsession of reading from others to learn.

Don't make pies. Boring. Good, but boring. And mmm.. peppermint cheesecake. Good on ya Doug!

Lastly...totes agree with you on the choc baked goods. They have to have something in them for me to like them. For example, caramel could be a good additive. My mom makes these delish pep brownies during Christmastime... maybe you can make a peppermint flavored dark choc cup. :)