Thursday, July 29, 2010

I have found lately that its hard to follow your dreams. People generally fall into 1 of 2 camps, totally supportive or complete dream killers. I suppose I shouldn't let the downers get to me, but its difficult sometimes. From the "You do realize it's hard to start a business right now?" to "Oh cupcakes are so trendy, you aren't going to be able to compete with Sprinkles and established businesses". Gee thanks people. I understand that there will be obstacles. I get that its not always going to be easy.

I have to rely on the fact that hard work is rewarded and that I feel like God is really pulling me to this. I wouldn't have changed my school plans (again), brought my sister (and her husband) into this and put so much effort in already if it was just a fling. I am looking forward to learning about how to be a great business owner and employer. I want to be a part of a local business community. I am really excited to finish school and get working on this next chapter in my life. I am just hoping and praying that God will protect my heart through this adventure and keep me from listening to those who want to tear me down.

No comments: