Wednesday, June 9, 2010

When you dream, dream big

I love to bake. I have always known this. But I recently discovered my love of decorating cakes (cupcakes specifically). I have been playing around with the idea of opening a bakery/coffee shop someday. Realistically, if I could just do music and cupcakes for the rest of my life, I would be the happiest girl ever.

Today I got my first official cupcake job! I will be making 3 dozen summer themed cupcakes for a 5 year olds birthday party on saturday. Honestly, I was a last minute substitute for a flaky cake decorator, but I will take it! I will post photos on my FB page when they are done. This is the start that I needed to this summer. I want to take some decorating classes soon to learn how to work with fondant and other materials, but I think I have done pretty well on my own so far!

I have been praying about the bakery thing and I am waiting to see what God's timing brings in that (and other areas of my life) and to see how school will be this fall.

3 comments:

Romi said...

YEAH, CASS on your first official cupcake job!!! : ) So excited for you and I know this is just the beginning!! : D xoxox

. said...

I was watching one of my favorite shows ever, Cake Boss, on TLC and was totally thinking of you! If you ever, God-forbid, move to New Jersey you should totally work there!

Guin said...

I could totally see you having a bakery! I think you would be wonderful at it.