Thursday, March 19, 2009

keep breathing




Campamento was an amazing experience. We took 20-25 students (so there were almost 40 of us) to a camp near Madrid for the weekend. It was crazy and fun and way too short. I was really worried going in about speaking only in Spanish for almost 3 full days, but it actually was not that hard! I am so proud of myself. I got to know a lot of the girls better, the girls ALMOST won in Flamenco Futbal and we had some awesome talks from Hernan and worship time with Lauren, Chris and Krin. Some of my favorite memories were from the futbal game. The girls may not have had the skills, but we made up for it in spirit. And pink clothing. Also, dancing with Antonio in the dining hall. I will never forget that.

I'm still processing all of the cool things that are happening, so forgive me for being a little scatterbrained and vague. I just don't know how to put it all into words. Most of us finished school this week. I passed both of my classes (one with highest marks!) and now have a lot more free time to put into the students. All of the other girls went to Barcelona for the weekend, so I am staying here with the boys, some spanish students and some american visitors. This weekend is a Puente (bridge) because today is a festival... who knows what for, they just like to have festivals. But a Puente is basically a long weekend. So a lot of the students left for the weekend and there are crazy amounts of tourists here. Also- the Carrefour is closed today, which unfortunately I did not know until after I walked the 10 minutes there. Oh well, its good for me. I got the whole apartment cleaned and my friend Carmen is coming over to cook with me and have a fiestita out on the patio this afternoon.

Also, I am almost registered for classes back home for summer and fall. It is strange to be thinking about that already, and I am not really ready to face it. Waiting to hear back from my advisor about my voice lessons, choir and a scholarship and then I will finish registering. :) Lots of performance and music classes this fall <3 me encanta!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I can't believe the semester is almost over! So, you're on my "To do" list this week. It says, "Mail Cassie's stuff". If I put it on my list, it will get done. :)