Tuesday, June 24, 2008

break my heart for what breaks yours

Its hard to know if following your heart is always the right thing. Our selfish, sinful hearts may often lead us in the wrong direction. Feelings and emotions can get in the way. I am constantly afraid of upsetting or disappointing others. How do I stop caring so much about what others think?

I realized that I am a hard person to get to know. I tend to shut down around new people or in strange situations. Maybe this has been the downfall of my relationships? I think this goes back to caring about what everyone else thinks. I fear being judged too quickly. I am comfortable with who I am, I know that God loves me, but I have a hard time accepting that other people can love me as I am. I am afraid of not being thin enough, beautiful enough, talented enough. I'm afraid that no one will be able to accept me, with all of my imperfections.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yea! Yet another person I know that has started a blog!! Welcome to our world ;-) It will be nice to keep up with you on here.

Brandy said...

Despite what you think are imperfections, God thinks you're perfect. Don't ever forget that. I struggle with that a lot, but then I remember I am His creation.
Have a great day, Cassie!
Brandy
www.xanga.com/iknowhimdou