Sunday, June 21, 2009

you can cross the line whenever you want to

So the last month had been interesting. Being home is really hard, much harder than originally anticipated. I miss Spain a lot, and while this gets better every day I am also worried that there will come a day where I don't miss it. I don't ever want to completely stop missing it. Part of my heart is still there and that will always be like a home to me.

I did something very dangerous tonight. We watched a video at church from a speaker from last year's Leadership Summit. One thing that she said really stuck out to me - she told everyone to just tell God to "Bring It On" and then be ready for whatever he gives you. So I told God- "Ok God, you know where my heart is, lets go. I am in this all the way." I have been thinking a lot about going back to Spain, leading a small group, taking on bigger roles in the ministries I serve in, adding new ministries.... you get the idea. I am just never sure when to say no. I have a hard time discerning the difference between the wants of the people around me (or my own) and what God has in mind. Less than an hour after this prayer, I was presented with an opportunity. Now I am still not sure if this is right or not, but I am going to prayerfully consider it and figure out where my life is going. I am scared, but so excited!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Yes praying to God that He should bring it on, is definitely a scary thing. But I have always found that if we just let Him do His thing, we get blessed immensely!

Tara K said...

Eel Face #2,

You will never stop missing it. It's been almost 7 months since I left Australia and I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't miss it or the people. It might get easier, but you won't stop missing it, trust me. I'm excited to see where God leads you in the future!

You friend,

Eel Face #1

Romi said...

Wow Cassie, I'll certainly be keeping you in prayer over this opportunity!! I so can relate to this as one of those unexpected opportunities was presented to me recently too and I didn't even say "bring it on God"!! lol It's crazy because I wasn't even looking for something like this (isn't that always the way God works, though?! When you least expect it!) So like you I've been prayerfully seeking God's leading in this. And like you I also struggle discerning the difference between the wants of the people around me (or my own) and what God has in mind. So yep, scary and exciting it is, but God's got the wheel as long as we aren't wheel hogs! ; )

Btw...are you attending Leadership Summit this year?? I highly recommend it if you can make it. Every year I've gone, it's blown my mind, rawked my world, and far exceeded my wildest expectations!!